Skip to main content

While You're Waiting on Your Miracle

Why The Title, “Thus Far”

 Because it sounds cool. To me anyway. But also, because it feels right for this stage of my life. I’m in that discovery stage of the 20’s; I was one of those teens who thought they knew EXACTLY where they were going and EXACTLY what they were gonna do. But then, things didn’t pan out: online, writing wasn’t working; in real life, relationships fell apart; and I just couldn’t move forward the way I thought I would and the way I wanted to.

And that was before 2020. 😉

In the aftermath of some of it and still in the throes of the rest of it, I find myself realizing how much I want to say but how little I know how to say it. It feels pompous, to me, for me to try to speak on universal things, whether they be emotional, mental, just life stuff, or the political and social spheres none of us can seem to break out of. Whatever the topic, I am always second-guessing myself and questioning myself. My work is not good enough, my mind whispers. I haven’t lived long enough, I think, and everything I say or feel or am going through has surely been said or experienced or talked on before. Somewhere, someone has already said or shown it better, or somewhere, someone has the problem worse. Therefore, I have nothing of value to say.

I know that’s self-doubt talking. I know I’m allowed to do poorly at something, to make a mistake, to not have the best artwork in the room, to share writing that needs work, to have opinions, to speak on them, and then to change all of them, as I grow and change. But it was hard for me to embody these attributes and to act on them in the ways that I wanted to. Thus, the title, “Thus Far”: for me, it offers permission and space. This is what I know, Thus Far, and tomorrow, when I’m a bit farther along, I might know more and do better.

Yes, I admit to myself, I haven’t even made it halfway through the 20’s. No, I gently remind myself, what I’m dealing with isn’t unique. But it is, in every joyful, jolting day, very real. And so, here is my offering to myself and to anyone who cares to read, a compilation in word and in art of what I know thus far.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Time is Here :)

Unsplash The snow—even fake snow—the wreaths, the Christmas color, and decor. The tree, the giving, the scents. The lights, the events, the togetherness. A brief little pocket of the year, where everything and everyone can be just a little bit better, a touch more wonderful, and a lot more magical. Christmas comes but once a year, and I want to enjoy every moment. 😊

One Year

As of today, this blog has been live for a whole year! A nd I have not posted nearly as much as I intended, haha . Honestly, it feels like I just started blogging again, and I can't believe we're creeping up to the end of 2022. This year has flown by. But on the bright side, it is  Fall again, my favorite season, and that does lift the spirits. Praise God for Autumn days <3 Source:  https://contemplatingoutlander.tumblr.com/post/188069902172/welcome-october-from-anne-of-green-gables Since my last post, I’ve been doing a lot of writing. I hit some snags in my WIP, a Cinderella reimagining called The Second Prince , which have taken all my focus and brainpower to work out. In truth, they’re not totally resolved, but I’m trying to take some steps back, get the fresh opinions of fellow writers, and then see what I might be able to work out. If you’re interested, here’s the concept for the book: Prince Sirion knows that his actions in the Island War have disqualified him from

Coming into the Christmas Spirit

I am not very good at the Christmas spirit. Most years, I'm insistent that the holiday season does not begin until after the fourth Thursday of November, and I used to hate when stores would unveil their Christmas wreaths and trees right after Halloween. There were even a few years when I never felt that desire for the Christmas season at all (until maybe Christmas Eve or something) and went through the whole of December wondering if I was becoming the Grinch.  This year, though, I was the one ready for the holidays before October even ended. I snuck in some of my favorites, For King and Country, Pentatonix, and Jess and Gabe’s “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” while nibbling on Halloween candy. A part of me kept thinking that there was no way Thanksgiving was already around the corner, yet at the same time, I was quite content with my mishmash of vibrant leaves and holiday jingles. I noticed a similar anomaly last year, in that I was READY for the holidays by the time December cam